Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shall we toast to a new blog?


There's nothing more refreshing than starting a new project. Why? Because it's completely untainted. I haven't done anything yet, so it's 'oh so perfect'. That's how I'm viewing my newest blog. It's going to contain the things I want to talk about that have to do with anything and everything beyond the things that would normally define who I am. That means, anything beyond the family spectrum - I have had a lot of fun working on Drew's blog that it's sort of evolved into what the family's doing. Rather than bog it down with my own personal interests, I thought I'd start a new one where I can talk about a lot of things. Of course, I do realize that a huge part of me is defined as Martina the individual, Martina - wife to Neil, and Martina the momma aka Ashley's mom, Jonathan's mom, Paige's mom and now Drew's mom. Oh, and the occasional 'hey you' factor. I wear a lot of hats...that's for sure.



So, what does this blog mean to me? Well, I guess I've been wanting a landing spot to talk about anything from politics to religion (shhhh, the two big no-no's!) Why? Because I think we're living in an age where the privacy of the polls and not sharing our religion has gotten ridiculously silent. We should be living in an age where we can discuss these things and I believe it *can* be done. It *should* be done. And something as simple as disagreement can be viewed as differing points and the discussion can cheerfully end. The biggest thing I've discovered about myself is that it's ok to disagree and move on. I've also noticed that there are many, many people who insist on being right to the point that they have alienated the discussion and turn it into something else. I call that the no ears syndrome. I love the spirit of the debate because it doesn't have to be something personal. Sometimes you'll run across someone who is looking for a good (what I call) headbutt. Those are nearly always fruitless discussions.



In any case, I hope that you'll enjoy this blog as much as I will enjoy keeping up with it. I want to share everything from favorite recipes I come across, photos I take, anecdotes from my daily life or news events going on. I also want to share tips on anything I can find to make my life easier, like housekeeping tips, a good craft idea, or maybe some home decorating ideas. I could always use those!



So, pull up a chair, grab a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate or tea and let's see how this blog morphs, ok?

0 comments: