Monday, March 3, 2008

I think we may have the ugliest wallpaper...ever!

So, we finally bit the bullet and hired professionals to paint Jonathan's (and Drew's) room. Jonathan had wanted some outrageous color schemes for his room including black, but we finally settled on orange...two shades of orange. I want tangerines when I walk in his room now, lol. I got the paint for both the girls' and boys' room, but we admitted defeat after the girls' room because of all the ridiculous taping for the moulding, chair railing and picture moulding. It was just too much. It came down to $ vs. time. Time won out and I brought in a paint company to give us an estimate for the room as well as a couple other projects we wanted to look over and factor into our "I'm sick and tired of looking at it" budget. The bathroom was one of those rooms. Our bathroom. Why on God's green earth wallpaper was ever popular is beyond me, but we had three rooms with it. The kitchy kitchen with its PT Barnum and Bailey circus look, our master bath with the worst and largest print blue French toile and the kids' bathroom. We opted to do both the bathroom and Jonathan's bedroom at the same time. As I sit here, they are now putting up the primer for the paint. I am SOOOO glad we didn't decide to do it ourself. We'd have had to float the wallpaper seams, texture it ourselves and then paint it. I can't make a straight line to save my life...it would have looked gawd awful!!


So, now we'll be waiting for the upstairs bathroom and kitchen estimates to come through. I have to think long and hard about how soon I want to be displaced again. Going without the master bathroom was pretty hard. I keep Paige and Drew's clothes in my closet and I totally forgot to get extra changes of clothes out. Not to mention I totally underestimated the upheaval of the bathroom between work shifts. This totally solidifies my opinion of never wanting to live through any kind of renovations while living in the house. At least major renovations.

In the meantime, I'll just dream about what I want to do next.

0 comments: